What is an Articulated Female Tailors Dummy?
This articulated female tailors dummy with wooden arms is a great way to display women’s clothing in a shop. The fibreglass body is covered with cream linen for an attractive, vintage feel, finish. This linen is sewn onto the body which is a 3/4 length body that cuts off at the hips. In addition, this female tailors’ dummy is supplied with a wooden cap that covers the neck. A mannequin head can be purchased separately.
This female tailor’s dummy with wooden arms has a wooden base that is shaped to add to the mannequin’s vintage feel. The base height is adjustable with a minimum height of 510 mm to a maximum of 1040 mm. As a result, this retro-style mannequin is an excellent way to display dresses in a shop. In addition, because of the unusual styling, these mannequins help you capture customer attention.
How do you use an Articulated Tailors Dummy?
Here’s a guide on how to use an articulated tailor’s dummy:
- Assemble the dummy according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This may involve attaching the arms, legs, and head to the torso.
- Once assembled, position the dummy in the desired pose by bending the joints and limbs. Articulated tailor’s dummies are designed to be flexible and poseable, so experiment with different positions until you find the one that best suits your needs.
- Use the dummy to create or alter garments. The dummy can be used to drape fabric or fit garments, allowing you to see how they will look on a human body. You can also use the dummy to pin and mark fabric, or to test out different design ideas.
- Store the dummy in a safe place when not in use. It’s important to protect the dummy from damage, so cover it with a protective cover or store it in a closet or other safe location.
Proper care and maintenance are essential for prolonging the life of the articulated tailor’s dummy. Avoid exposing the dummy to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures, as this can cause damage to the materials. Clean the dummy regularly with a soft cloth to remove dust and dirt, and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that could damage the surface.
Overall, an articulated tailor’s dummy is a useful tool for anyone involved in sewing or fashion design. With proper use and care, it can help you create and alter garments with ease and accuracy.
Features of the Female Articulated Tailors Dummy:
- Retro styling that attracts attention and is practical
- Fiberglass body covered with linen
- Wooden arms, neck cap and shaped stand
- Choice of either light or dark wood
- 3/4 length body that is ideal for displaying dresses
- Wooden arms that bend at the shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger joints
- Adjustable base that moves between 510 mm and 1040 mm
- 850 mm (33″) bust, 590 mm (23″) waist and 820 mm (32″) hips
- 340 mm (13″) from shoulder to shoulder
- 533 mm (21″) arms from shoulder to cuff
- Matching Male Available
These are one of our many styles of articulated mannequins. In addition to these tailors’ dummies with wooden arms, we also supply tailors’ dummies that do not have arms.