This Technicut ergonomic safety knife is ideal for those who regularly cut cardboard, strapping and film. It is an auto-retracting, ambidextrous, safety knife.
It is made from ABS and features an auto-retracting blade using a ‘thumbs off’ method. To operate, the user deploys the blade. As they begin to cut the material, their thumb can be moved off of the slider. At this point, the blade is held by the friction of the material. On exiting the cut, the blade will safely auto-retract back into the knife.
Ergonomic knives are not only safer because of the retracting blade. In addition, they help users minimise the risk of contracting chronic musculo-skeletal problems. This is because they have been designed in conjunction with leading ergonomic universities, with the aim of reducing the health risks to users.
Technicut Ergonomic Safety Knife For Cardboard
- Retractable blade
- Ergonomically designed to reduce the risk of musculo-skeletal disorders
- Designed in conjunction with leading ergonomic universities
- Can be used in either the right or left hand
- Ideal for cutting cardboard
- 115mm (4.5 inch) long, 30mm (1 inch) wide and 14mm (0.5 inch) thick
- 27 grams
- Maximum blade length of 15mm (0.5 inch)
Other versions of this knife are available, should you require a knife for other materials. For example, take a look at our ergonomic safety knives for cutting film and strapping.